When you want to open a shared folder on another computer, and keep it for future use, the best way is to map a drive to it. When you map a network drive, it will show up as a new drive and you can quickly access the shared files on demand. The procedure is simple, and can be done as follows;
1. Open File Explorer and pick “This PC”.
2. Click the Map network drive button in the ribbon menu at the top, select “Map network drive.”
3. An available drive letter is automatically picked, then click “Browse”.
4. Navigate and select the folder you want to map and hit OK.
5. Confirm your selection, click “Reconnect at sign-in” option and click finish
If you want to disconnect the network drive in the future, right-click on it and select “Disconnect.”